Why run alone when you can run with friends? At Claremont, we are a friendly club with the emphasis on having fun while we run, and welcome runners of all abilities. So, whether you are looking for a sociable group to run and keep fit with or want to progress and improve your running, Claremont will work for you. We provide:
- A friendly environment – you will make new friends and always have somebody to run with
- Support and encouragement from experienced runners, qualified run leaders and coaches
- A free club vest when you first join
- Free entry to inter-club races, team relay races and cross-country races
- Club events, e.g. a quarterly club handicap and social with free buffet
- UK Athletics affiliation – this gives reduced entrance fees to many local and national races and discount at numerous sports shops e.g. Start Fitness
All this comes for less than a £1 per week! Membership runs from January to December and costs £48 for the year (£38 for students and the unwaged).
Reduced rates are available for those joining after the 1st July or for 2nd claim members who also run with another club. Social membership is available to those joining after 1st July – this does not include EA membership or a club vest and covers the remainder of the calendar year. See the table below for prices.
Why not come and give us a try? You will be welcome at Newcastle University Sports Centre on any Monday or Wednesday evening from 5:45pm (ready to run at 6). You can run with us for a few weeks with no obligation – we want you to be sure that we are right for you before you join.
When you are ready, please complete the online application form using the links below.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com or complete the Contact Us form.
1st January to 31st December
New members joining from 1st July
|Full Membership – Waged||£48.00||£43.00|
|Full – Student & Unwaged||£38.00||£35.00|
|Social Membership (Non UK Athletics)||n/a||£25.00|
|2nd Claim Members||£32.00||£27.00|